Hey, guys – let’s try to get all the Bear Scouts there for SOWE 2016. It is outdoor camping, so BE PREPARED! (Cold weather, band-aids, toilet paper, anything you think you may need!) Here is an idea of what is going on Saturday/Saturday night/Sunday morning.
Saturday: Games and activities presented by adults and Boy Scouts in the Pack/Troop.
Saturday night: dinner, skits, then camping in tents.
Sunday morning: get up, pack up, and leave (no food provided by the Pack for breakfast so you may want to pack granola bars or something).
A packing list that may help but is NOT all-inclusive list (use your judgement!) follows:
- clothes for Saturday day and Sunday (layers so that you can bundle up or strip off as needed)
- clothes (possibly layers of sweats) to sleep WARMLY in
- sleeping bag
- sleeping mat
- extra blankets (even a 40 degree night feels pretty cold when you’re shivering for 8 hours)
- water bottle
- tooth brush/paste
- toilet paper
- any medicinal/first aid needs
- snacks for after dinner
- Sunday breakfast (granola bars, etc.)
- 1 can of sliced potatoes per camper to use for our dinner project
- 1 can of vegetables per camper to use for our dinner project
- 1 dish to pass for dinner
ALSO, tell me if you need a tent. If your family does not own one or you can’t borrow one, let me know as I will try to arrange for some extras to be made available from the Boy Scout Troop.
****LOCATION for SOWE:****
Take Hwy 29 out of town.
Turn south on church road (same road as the strawberry place)
Take the small gate on your left. If you hit the corner, turn around and come back.
The green arrow is where you want to go….
(When you click on the link, the green arrow won’t be there.)
Thanks, guys… see you soon.